Golden. Crispy. Baked. Wings. What more do you need to know? Oh yea, they’re much healthier and cheaper than those greasy fried wings at your local pizza joint. A go-to quick and easy way to get this favorite finger food into your belly.
Chicken wings. They are my husband’s absolute favorite comfort food. Extra crunchy wings would be his self-proclaimed “last meal” if he could choose. Listen, I’m not saying that I do not like wings. But because we have them often, I am satiated at the moment.
A few years ago when my husband began his weight loss journey, we decided, as a couple, to eat and cook healthy fare. This, coupled with exercise, caused him to lose 100 pounds and me to lose 20! But don’t forget, we are human beings who are obsessed with food. So how did we keep off the weight while still maintaining a quality of life? We made our favorite meals healthier.
Behold, this baked wing recipe was born into our home and became part of the family.
- chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- bottle of favorite sauce: BBQ, Buffalo, Teriyaki
- 1 tbsp. of butter for each sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the Wingettes from the Drummettes
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Place wing parts in one layer
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 50-55 minutes
- Pour 1/2 of the bottle of your favorite sauce into a sauce pan
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter
- Heat over medium heat until butter is melted
- Toss wings in sauce and serve
*butter is optional*
Get your bibs and wet napkins, this is a messy and finger lickin’ good meal. We clearly devoured the whole pan, just the two of us. So yea, they are good. Try them!