Once the humid weather strikes, you immediately tuck your pie recipes away for safe keeping. I mean come on, heavy comfort desserts hinder your beach-body, making you sluggish. These Grilled Peaches and Mixed Berries, drizzled in honey cream, are the perfect weeknight dessert. This 5-minute fruit blessing appeals to your sweet tooth, while keeping you healthy and fit.
- Heat the grill
- Combine all Grilled Peaches ingredients in a bowl and toss peaches until well coated
- Arrange peaches on hot grill; grill 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear (see above)
- Whisk together all Honey Cream ingredients in a bowl
- Arrange berries and peaches in a serving bowl (see above)
- Drizzle with Honey Cream and garnish with mint
The honey caramelizes the peaches to a golden brown. Mmm and that charred crispy skin gives a bitter bite. You will get those warm fall flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg, without the heavy pie. The sweet cool cream compliments the refreshing mint. Making this a yummy in your tummy dessert.
Recipe from Cooking Light, July 2013