It’s Ladies Night oh what a night! Fresh Tuna Tartare on Cucumber Rounds is the perfect summer appetizer because it melds simple and healthy flavors. The best part? There is NO cooking involved, so whip out your knife skills. Slice and dice fresh ginger, cucumber, bell pepper and cilantro. Fold in briny capers and smooth tuna, topped with a squeeze of citrus lime. Close your eyes and take a bite into the crisp refreshing cucumber topped with this incredible tartare. Pair this appetizer with Champagne or Prosecco for a sparkling good time.
While sipping on white wine in my friend’s pool, our friend Katie mentioned that she got a new appetizer cookbook called “Wine Bites” that shares incredible recipes and their wine pairings. We decided to have a Girl’s Wine Night, each of us bringing a recipe and its wine partner from the book. Therefore, I chose this Tuna Tartare recipe. We had so many fun and delicious appetizers (and wines of course)! My favorite was Katie’s choice of dates stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon. Um, yum.
- 1 tuna steak, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cucumber, sliced into rounds
- Toss the first 9 ingredients in a bowl and let chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours (but no more).
- Right before serving, toss in lime juice.
- Serve tartare on cucumber rounds.
- Pair with Champagne or Prosecco.